EXFO Expands Cloud-Based FTTA Test Automation Solution by Integrating Rohde & Schwarz FSH Handheld Spectrum Analyzers
BARCELONA, SPAIN, February 25, 2014 – EXFO Inc. (NASDAQ: EXFO, TSX: EXF) announced today the integration of Rohde & Schwarz’s RF and cable measurement results into its industry-first cloud-based fiber-to-the-antenna (FTTA) turn-up test automation solution for mobile operators, the EXFO Connect platform.
To support mobile network operators (MNO) in rolling out additional capacity and new cells in shorter time spans, EXFO provides a complete solution covering turn-up, activation and troubleshooting of remote radio heads (RRH), distributed antenna systems (DAS), small cells and cloud-RAN. The solution leverages the power of field instruments – EXFO’s FTB-1 platform and R&S FSH Handheld Spectrum Analyzer from Rohde & Schwarz – and integrates them into EXFO Connect via mobile or fixed broadband connectivity.
“With the R&S FSH Handheld Spectrum Analyzer integrated in EXFO Connect, mobile operators can easily access RF and cable measurement results within EXFO's cloud-based data management system,” says Christina Gessner, Head of Product Management of Spectrum and Network Analyzers at Rohde & Schwarz.
EXFO Connect covers turn-up, activation and troubleshooting of RF, cable, optical and Ethernet technologies. It is a centralized (cloud-based) platform that provides:
- Near real-time test result handling with a closed feedback loop to correct things quickly.
- Powerful analytics to track the quality issues against budgeted thresholds and record for historical tracking.
- APIs for north bound data and process integration.
Working closely with MNOs globally, T&M specialists Rohde & Schwarz and EXFO have teamed up to provide an unprecedented level of control and automation to network operators engineering and construction teams.
“Addressing the mobile operators’ requirement proactively is key to us and, with our partnership with Rohde & Schwarz, we are able to address this requirement”, stated Etienne Gagnon, VP Physical Layer & Wireless Division at EXFO. “By working together, we are able to offer MNOs a total and integrated deployment solution to help them face their turn-up challenges.”
This solution helps MNOs:
- Automatically collect, turn-up, test and troubleshoot data that is pushed from test instruments in the field to a centralized cloud-based database.
- Gather comprehensive analytics, to analyze RF, optical fiber integrity, Ethernet backhaul, and overall access network quality & trends throughout the lifecycle.
- Improve efficiency through Methods and Procedure Automation for process compliance and network quality and reliability tracking.
This cloud-based solution, showing uploaded results of both R&S and EXFO test sets covering RF, RF cable, optical cable and Ethernet service testing will be on display at both the R&S and EXFO stands in Hall 6 at the Mobile World Congress.