IxCatapult Used to Improve the Performance and Quality of LTE Home eNodeBs, Enterprise Femtocells and Picocells
CALABASAS, CA--(Marketwire - June 26, 2012) -
Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, announced today that Tata Elxsi has selected Ixia to validate their new LTE Small Cell software suite used in low-cost LTE home eNodeBs and enterprise femtocells and picocells. Ixia's IxCatapult test solution helps Tata Elxsi optimize the software suite functionality and performance, and will ensure Tata Elxsi provides high quality advanced features to their global customers.
Tata Elxsi's LTE small cell software suite enables system-on-chip (SoC) based implementations, including L1, L2/L3 and radio integration. The protocol stack for layer 2 and 3 is specially designed for small cell functionality, and has several improvements and optimizations to suit SoC architecture requirements.
The IxCatapult test system was used to fully validate the functionality and performance of Tata Elxsi's LTE Small Cell software implementation. By emulating LTE user equipment and generating both control plane and user plane traffic, the IxCatapult system is able to ensure software functionality, performance, error handling, and resiliency. Improved performance over macro cells is an important market driver for femto, pico, and micro cell access points -- Ixia's solution validates the readiness of LTE small cell devices to provide high quality services such as live conversational video.
Ixia offers the industry's most comprehensive 4G/LTE testing solution, measuring all aspects of 4G/LTE radio base station functionality, capacity, and performance. Ixia's wireless testing solutions accelerate the deployment and quality of mobile data services -- from the wireless access, through the mobile backhaul, to the Internet core. By using real-world mobile subscriber modeling customers can perform service quality validation and measure subscriber quality of experience (QoE).
- Ixia's wireless test solutions offer complete end-to-end performance testing of 3G and 4G wireless networks with a unique focus on subscriber modeling, QoE metrics, and multi-dimensional tests for capacity planning.
- Ixia tests all LTE eNode B variants, from femtocell access points to macrocell base stations, by emulating all surrounding nodes -- including thousands of UEs/mobile subscribers, adjacent eNodeBs, the mobility management entity (MME), and the evolved packet core (EPC).
- Tata Elxsi offers fully integrated reference designs for 3GPP Release 8/9 LTE base stations on various silicon platforms, comprising of layer 2/3 and layer 1 integrated with radio.
- Tata Elxsi has a team of over 400 software and system engineers that allow Tata Elxsi customers to quickly implement the software across different silicon platforms, enabling rapid product deployment and speeding time-to-market.
- "Tata Elxsi offers customers a full-featured solution for small cells and a strong professional services team that can help them take it to market quickly," said Nitin Pai, vice president, marketing at Tata Elxsi. "Ixia's IxCatapult helps Tata Elxsi ensure high product quality and performance in our LTE small cell software suite."
- "Small cell technology is important for cellular access in places that are not suited for become more traditional wireless deployments and to offload congested macro cells," said Joe Zeto, sr. manager of market development at Ixia. "We are pleased to help Tata Elxsi bring high quality LTE small cell products to market faster."
- For more information on Ixia's wireless testing solutions, see http://www.ixiacom.com/products/ixcatapult/index.php.
- For more information on Tata Elxsi LTE software suite, see http://tataelxsi.com/htmls/news_Press%20Releases%20_MWC2012.html.
Ixia provides the industry's most comprehensive converged IP network validation and network visibility solutions. Equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies use Ixia's solutions to design, verify, and monitor a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi, and 3G/LTE equipment and networks. Ixia's test solutions emulate realistic media-rich traffic and network conditions so that customers can optimize and validate the design, performance, and security of their pre-deployment networks. Ixia's intelligent network visibility platforms provide clarity into physical and virtual production networks for improved performance, security, resiliency, and application delivery of cloud, data center, and service provider networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.
About Tata Elxsi
Tata Elxsi is a global innovation and technology services company that blends technology, creativity and engineering to help customers transform ideas into world-class products and solutions. With operations in US, Europe and Asia, Tata Elxsi is a strategic partner to the world's leading equipment makers and service providers. A part of the $ 83 billion Tata group, Tata Elxsi addresses the communications, consumer products, defence, healthcare, media & entertainment, semiconductor and transportation sectors.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.